The Hatch offers a complete support system for early stage businesses that helps to reduce risk and assists young companies in developing sustainable business practices. It is the intention of the Innovation Center’s business incubator to nurture growth in companies.
There are few specifics that The Hatch seeks in potential incubator businesses. Candidates for this programs should either meet the following basic requirements or be willing to put these into place within six months:
- Be a technology-based company with growth opportunities
- Plan to have one full-time dedicated team member within one year
- Be willing to write business, marketing, and financial plans
- Have an accounting system in place (i.e., QuickBooks)
- Have an active website
- Have a willingness to share experiences with other business owners
- Be able to meet with the Innovation Center staff for coaching and advisement
- Be willing to regularly attend locally sponsored business assistance events
- Be able to provide financial information and job data to the Innovation Center to support grant funding
Accepting New Businesses
Applying to The Hatch is quick and easy, but the application process is competitive.
- Complete the application and submit with business plan
- Upon submission the application and business plan will be reviewed
- A decision will be made regarding acceptance into the program
Does Your Business Qualify?
Does your business involve doing something in a new, innovative way? Or does it offer a new approach to an old problem? If you’re an innovator, we’d like to speak with you.
David LeCount, Director, Innovation Center